Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June, I suppose ...

This June morning looks very like all the recent May mornings: gray, overcast, threatening a cool rain. Oh, well ... summer may come sometime

Yesterday I finished up the manuscript for submission to Burnside Review's chapbook contest. Looks good-- We'll see ...That sounds easy, when you read it, but it meant deciding on a theme, selecting the appropriate poems, deciding on the order best for them, looking up the past publications the poems have appeared in, preparing a page of acknowledgements, numbering pages, and printing final copy of each poem to be included. Then, it's simple: put 'em in a mailer, in order, with SASE, seal it, weigh it, add enough stamps, get to the P.O. and mail it ...

Hope you are all well ... Today is Tuesday, so I will be occupied with getting mss ready to go, preparing food of some kind, and getting changed to go. Sandy Ellston picks me up nowadays, which is helpful-- less driving, and it is not out of her way--

Onward--

No comments:

Post a Comment