Today, Thursday 19 August 2010, my brother and sister-in-law are upstairs painting the kitchen (I believe); at any rate they were when I last checked. It looks like they're still working on the undercoat, and indeed, as far as I know we haven't actually got the paint for the final coat.
Things are quiet otherwise. It's a dark, overcast day, and when I last looked nobody else had showed up.
Writing here seems like a pointless exercise; I don't have anything to say. More later, maybe.
A Little Later: My niece and grandnephew have joined the fray and are now mixing paint happily upstairs. We have a fairly nice sky-blue and an odd mauvish-purple color to work with--also white. I made a brief run to Harbor Freight to pick up drop cloths and tape. It looks like work is proceeding apace--whatever that means.
I checked the Multnomah County Library and they do have the Nichol Marlowe book, but not the Nash--and, annoyingly, the Nash looks to be really expensive, even used. Maybe I can get a look at it through interlibrary loan or something. Or maybe not. Anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I appreciate this rundown on your recent events. You will be glad to have it later, as journal of sorts. rfh
ReplyDelete