Wednesday, December 1, 2010

chilly morning

A happy Wednesday to all. My back is much better today, and I have canceled the a.m. follow-up appointment-- doing just fine, thanks to Dr. Hovey, who is an excellent chiropractor. Today I will join in a farewell luncheon for a longtime friend who is moving to Portland to be nearer family and medical support. Nancy and I will gather up the others and drive down to the Adobe, which offers a splendid view and always excellent food and enough quiet for conversation while watching the breakers.

Yesterday I turned in my article and comments to Poets' Forum Magazine, and did one of the challenge poems for that, also. So I felt I had not entirely wasted my day. This morning I finished two books I'd been reading at odd intervals; they're ready to go back to the library. Even though the windstorm was still going on yesterday afternoon, I managed to find a lull good enough for driving into town to return a stack of books and DVDs and pick up a similar stack to get me through the evenings of storm and rain. I'm OK for groceries, but will pick up lettuce and such soon, also need to pick up lamp oil in case of outages-- I'm about out.

Onward--

No comments:

Post a Comment