Thursday, October 27, 2011

A dewy Thursday in late October--

Good to see you out and about! Hope you all can keep up some entries here. All's well with me in Waldport-- it's actually sunny and a degree or two warmer than yesterday's 30s weather.

My morning walk entailed a meeting with the dog "Echo"-- a Lakeland Terrier (retired champion show dog, now enjoying a doggy life free of show rules and ribbons). He is very good about sits and downs, and general dogly manners, and is learning to be less aloof and dignified, and doesn't live in a box any more. He and his owners and my walking partner and I have some great conversations while out enjoying fresh air. We picked some fresh lettuce at a neighbor's-- he has told us to-- and I have a new pot of parsley starts from Nancy, so am set for green things!

I'm enjoying reading a book Marilyn sent me-- The Night Journals-- an archaeological/family novel set in New Mexico, in the Pecos area. And continue to write and publish poems and keep busy with that. I expect a packet of poems for judging soon now. ... rfh

No comments:

Post a Comment