and all is well. Quiet. I went with a friend to Newport to the Visual Arts Center to see the Pushpin display-- very colorful. Lots of interesting work by children and good work by mature artists as well-- just about every medium: photography, oils, watercolor, geclee, tempera, acrylics, pen and ink, pencil, crayola, torn paper, feathers, wood shavings, mixed. Cats celebrated my return by dashing madly up and down the hall, in their thunderfoot mode. Very thumpy and fine.
Chickadees were very active yesterday, celebrating the thaw, I suppose, and foraging in the trees for food. Some of the winter hummingbirds, the Anna's (their name actually includes the apostrophe, which is a nuisance when the sentence structure would not call for it, or when one intends a simple plural-- Anna'ses?) are out and about-- I can't be sure all of them made it through, but most did, to judge by their numbers.
More manana ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment