Sunday, December 27, 2009

still here ...

I had a great call from Theresa (TJ) today, she and Christina are having a happy holiday season. GJ got a foot of snow in one snowfall a week or so ago, and it's still white and cold there. She says to tell you ALL hello and Merry Christmas! so there it is. She is reading a good book about John Otto, the man who was in large measure responsible for preserving Colorado National Monument, and also for getting roads onto Grand Mesa ... an interesting historical figure-- and I think she plans to send sam the book next.

Many hummingbirds at the feeders these past two days-- catching up, it looks like.

I'm glad the portraits got there undamaged. It's a new process-- fairly new, anyway, called giclee (zhee-clay), which uses a specially treated canvas to print a xerox of a photo onto. People have made nice landscapes from prints they have snapped on a trip, and I saw some at an art show I recently attended. Using them to make an "ancestor photo" of is very new, but people are enjoying the retro effect of portraits on their walls. We all enjoyed those ancestors on the walls at the Tillamook Museum, many years ago, and it struck me as a nice custom to revive. I hope they are a pleasure as time goes by ...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment