Saturday, December 26, 2009

still here ...

Sunny, cold, and breezy at the coast-- a happy Boxing Day to you all!

No wild events to report--

Yesterday I talked with Bob and Lela in Sioux Falls to check their weather, besides exchanging greetings and good wishes, and learned they are pretty much snowed in. Bob was breaking out his pickup, which has 4-wheel drive, to bring his friends and family members to dinner at his home. They had had 7 inches of snow overnight Christmas Eve, and it was still snowing when we talked, and they were predicted to have a foot or more before nightfall-- and the winds were blowing. Blizzard, it's called. I also talked to Greg, and Avalon spoke to me a couple of times, and talked with sam and Bryan before the day was gone, so feel well visited.

Last night I went to my friend and nearby neighbor, Nancy's house, for dinner with her and her husband John. So that was neat. Their tree is decked with tradition, old ornaments from childhood, some like those ancient German ones from my family I gave long ago to Bryan and Chey for family tree decking. Some handmade, some angels given her by various patients she had treated during her years as a nurse. The sense of family love, friends, caring, and generations was very strong, and it was beautiful. A neat visit, and a wonderful dinner and talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment