Sunday, February 14, 2010

Morning has broken ...

Happy Sunday to all!

This day had a walk in it early, no wind, no rain, moderate temperature, but (alas) no sun. Little bird activity, a few sparrows in a hedge. A few days back, we saw the precursor robins, a big group of shiny males very busy about the street and trees, ahead of the rest of the flock to check out the grounds, I guess, and make their presence known-- stake out territory--

Should be a quiet day, and I will work on getting a selection of poems printed and ready to go to the Nationals. Also reading a book on the Smothers Brothers which is very interesting-- if you'd like I will pass it along.

Got interrupted here by a visit-- a good friend who spends half the year here and half in AZ came by; she is making her mid-winter check on their house. Tomorrow she and nancy and I will all go to lunch, celebrating Merilee's being here, and then she returns to AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment