The tsunami was pretty much a washout here, though it may have made some waves elsewhere. Nancy and I drove down to Yachats for fish and chips at LeRoy's and saw the edges of the surf en route, the ocean looking pond-flat and quiet, despite the weather hype of the day.
I keep getting slowed down on the Smothers Brothers book-- other reading comes between me and it, as books pop up. The latest of these is Footprints in the Trail by Will Minor, who for years did a column in the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel about his nature observations. He was a favorite of my mother's, and Marilyn found me a signed copy at Powell's and sent it to me. It's a pleasant loop into the past and a style of observation that is disappearing from American life as we all become more urbanized .... Well, I will wrap up S. Bros. and get it off to you soon. I will concentrate and finish it and do that.
More anon-- all is well here, the cats napping and getting out in the morning sunshine. I walked the Loop again, saw towhees and white-crowned sparrows in the hedges and on the lines overhead. Onward to poetry sending-- printing, selecting-- in reverse order ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment