Monday, March 1, 2010

gray morning

... and a Monday. I made some progress on the NFSPS entries yesterday, otherwise worked on poems and wrap-up of contest judging-- also some housecleaning, which does come along demanding attention now and then.

No further geophysical excitements to report. I'm glad we didn't hold a tsunami-- it would not have been all that festive ... and earthquakes I have known leave much to be desired-- I'll take poetry any day, for excitement.

The book exhibit at the Visual Art Center has now ended and today is book-pickup day, so I must get to Newport and gather them up and find out if any sold and come home and get back to work.

The tulip is still in beautiful bloom. No other is yet showing color, but several buds are about at that stage. The pot that once held a holly tree is lovely, with its white kale and a stand of ready-to-bloom tulips around it. The pansies in that pot are blooming. Thanks again, Rachel and Chey, for all the planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment