Thursday, March 4, 2010

On the first Thursday

I'm getting set to go to the First Thursday swim lunch, having 1) walked at 8:30 in the edged East wind, and seen lots of bloom-- daffodils clustered in one yard, hyacinths in another, and tulips in bud in several places. Much bird busyness, too, as the sun broke through and the morning was rain-free, urging all toward movement and life. And 2) run to the drugstore for a needed Rx. Busy morning!

At 11:00 or so Ardess will pick me up, and we'll meet the rest at la maison, a place we have heard good reports about but have never yet tried. When I get home from that gathering, I have plans to get more copy off to Madelyn Eastlund (Poets' Forum Magazine)for her challenges and comments. I have finished and sent other urgent matters for their deadlines-- still have a contest coming in to judge, the Manningham Students' Contest, which will mean maybe a couple of hundred manuscripts--? to look at, read, and evaluate. But that should come later this month or in early April, if memory serves, and I have a slight breathing space here to do my own submitting and hoping ...

All's well here. Cats happy at sunbreaks, the neighbors restraining their dogs better now. My bp is running a little high, so the doctor has asked me to double the diovan Rx for a week and check back in at the clinic for another reading. It is a good med, with few side effects, unlike other bp meds, so I hope I don't have to lose it in favor of some untried other candidate.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment