Tuesday, March 16, 2010

stormy-looking Tuesday

A brief note here, to let all know that things are fine here, though the weather has turned darker and wetter than it was when I went out to walk an hour or so ago. The walk was OK, but brisk-- a chilly breeze and beginning raindrops making me pick up the pace a little. No notable bird activity-- I met the fellow with the ex-show dog who walks regularly. The man is helping the dog to learn how to be a dog and enjoy walks and encounters-- the poor fellow has known only the ring and obedience to whatever his former owner decreed he should do to look good in shows-- has won prizes and such, but never played--? I don't know the names of either-- the dog's name sounds like Ethel, when the man speaks to him, but that seems unlikely, since he's a male. Besides "Ethel" he has a long show-dog name I don't recall any part of...

Anyway, that was the last minute of the walk, a dog encounter by the driveway as I returned home. And now I must prepare stuff to take to Tuesday.

A friend I ride with just called to say she had spilled coffee on her keyboard and it wasn't working. Hope it will when it dries out, but she is making a run to Staples to get a replacement ...

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment