Well, maxpages is still not responding-- and it is still DST, which makes the morning black and tiresome!
That said-- it's a Monday, windy and very dark, but time to be doing things ...
Yesterday was quiet-- no trips out and about, a good writing day. Some members of my writer group want to start a separate small group of poets, doing critiques carefully, and we may do that-- nothing is yet set in stone. But a small critique group might offer some advantages, one being: a knowledgeable focus on poetry and what makes it good, what makes a poem work. In the more general group we tend not to talk metrics nor rhythms, nor other sound effects very closely, thinking these are of specific rather than general interest. So-- I don't know. Part of me wants to stick with Tuesday-- simply because it's "my" group, and has been since 1988 or so when it began via a class I was teaching. And, mostly, it has worked very well.
I don't really want to give time to TWO writing groups (it's a relief that my Sunday group has dissolved for now). Two groups make me skip getting poems out, doing any marketing, writing articles for PFM, getting out submissions to contests-- other activities in the writing world. Anyway, I'm giving it a great deal of thought.
Onward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment