Friday, November 12, 2010

TGIF day--

Cold here this morning, with a slight east wind to make the wind chill officially 36 degrees this morning. There are bright drops hanging from every needle of the cedar and shorepines out front. These several mornings there's been quite a chill dew; yesterday's tree drops turned all Christmasy with red color in each bright drop.

Today's color, though, is crystal clear and sparkling-- maybe ten thousand drops? --a nice backdrop to the crows on the wire looking at the house in case of more satisfying scraps. (I gave them bits of chicken-skin and batter crumbs, from a deli order of fried chicken I had brought home. They were more excited than they usually are-- the ordinary bits I have for them are bread that's starting to mold, and such.)

Cold-- and no morning walk, as Nancy has an early PT appointment. Nothing to stop my walking alone, of course, except the habit of sharing the walk-- that and the fact that I'm chilled as I sit here at my desk, and not much disposed to getting colder yet.

Onward--

No comments:

Post a Comment