Well, it's Wednesday, and the cats' long-awaited appointment for shots and checkup arrived. I have carriers, but they are cardboard-- collapsible, which is convenient for storage, but not desirable when loading them with a large, determined cat who has strong objections to incarceration ... I did get them into their respective containers eventually, and onto the back seat of the car, only now wondering if the tank was full enough to get to Newport and back .... It was OK, and I went. Rain was coming hard enough to need the wipers' top speed, so it was not an especially delightful scenic trip up, and it was still pouring as I took one cat-container at a time across the driveway and into the vet's office. But from there it was easy-- the assistant carried the boxes for me and got them onto the counter for the vet. He did recite cowboy poetry to them, which has a calming effect, and also told me he is the vet for dogsled races in eastern Oregon soon, AND for Alaska's Iditerod, which happens later in the year. That is the famous one, so wow!
Cats back in boxes-- uneventful, this time, and back down the rainy highway, relieved that it was over. The cats must have known we were homeward bound, also, as there were no protests, muffled or piercing, from the back seat. Whew! The ocean looked tall and riled up, as I took a quick look at the Seal Rock overlooks, but I didn't dally to sightsee. Got home and let them out-- oddly, they seemed settled and comfortable when I opened the boxes. Cats! Who can figure? Now for a quiet REST of the day.
Marilyn called about prepositions, which was fun. She is tutoring a Spanish-speaking woman in English, and grammatical questions arise now and then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment