The windstorm did not materialize, for which we all are grateful, but we DID get ready for it ... Anyway, nothing blew away, and all is well.
Today is Tuesday, and I'm in the throes of getting ready for the writer group-- i.e., printing off this week's work, and a poem I want to ask about on revising, in preparation for doing a chapbook of the cat-poems ....
Gray overcast here, and it's still dark at 8:30, when the sun is theoretically up and shining somewhere ...
Good to talk with Brandon yesterday, and with Sam. Hi to Greg, and I hope his dental call did not mean pain--? and that all is well with him and Jennifer. Hi to Bryan and Chey. Hi to Rachel and Skye and Taymen, Hi to Nick, and to Steve, and whoever else is present and greetable.
Happy Tuesday!
Today's new poem:
2010: New decade's bit of catterel
Black cat, with her white gauntlets on
whiskers alert and ears ahead,
goes out to breathe the dusk of dawn …
I sip my mug and watch the red
of winter sunrise out my door
and hear a geese flock passing over
my sleeping neighborhood. How strange
in January to hunt new range.
In minutes now, I'll leave my chair,
wrap up and take the morning air
in gloves to keep my fingers supple
and hat with brim to cut the glare.
The landscape just begins to stir:
Beyond my walk I see a couple
walking a dog, a whitish blur
of legs and fluff of misted fur.
The cat comes in and I go out
to keep some balance, I've no doubt,
and round about the Loop I tread
my mind set free from things I've read
This coastal landscape's oddly bright
in winter light. In winter light …
RFH
Waldport,
January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment