Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday rain

Hi, all!

The day started very windy, but we elected to try a walk anyway.  Almost blown off my feet at the top of the Loop where the winds sweep in, but made it round the Loop anyway.  Rain was starting to spit by the time we got to my house, so we didn't try another circuit or go for more distance, but I scuttled inside.  Not through with the great outdoors, though-- I had a list for the grocery and stuff to mail and Rxes to pick up and a huge bag of library books and DVDs to return ... so I watched the weather for a good lull and went to the metropolis of Waldport.

From that I am damply back and glad to be off the road.  The cats sleep curled on my bed, waiting it out, as they have waited most of several days now, sometimes because of cold, often because of rain.  All's well here, and tomorrow will be the Tuesday writer-meeting and a reading at the Newport Library in the evening in honor of William Stafford's birthday.  I have several poems of his to read, and will probably take one of mine too, and see how the time goes.

Happy 4th of January!  Happy Monday!  It's Monday everywhere, it seems .....

No comments:

Post a Comment